Tools that might help to check the server status
- htop: check CPU/mem utilization
- iotop: check disk read/write utilization
- jnetop: check network io based by <sip, dip, sport, dport>
- nethogs: aggregate recivied/sent bytes based on PID
- iptraf: interface statistics, port, <sip, dip, sport, dport>
- bwmeter: a project I developed to monitor the bandwidth between server pairs, or server to CDN
- page-loding-time: a project I developed to monitor the accessing latency from monitor point to websites.
As enterprise network admin:
- a public shared local remote disk is always required
As Linux admin:
- create accounts for different users
As Website and CDN admin:
- always keep a full copy of data on source host when using CDN to speed up data access, which is highly helpful when creepy errors occurs on CDN
- large files require special attentions for downloading, uploading and synchronizing
- synchronizing tools between CDN and source host.